Thursday, February 14, 2013

From this day forward

On a day that is marked by greeting cards and chocolates, my wife and I begin a journey.

We're actually a day late however, but none the less, we begin our lent now.
The day after Ash Wednesday.
Valentine's Day 2013.

We agreed upon things we wish to give up.
Fried Foods and Sweets (including sodas)
We're excited, and encouraged.

And just as I started to feel selfish for us picking things that are seemingly for our own benefit, my wonderful wife, who God has blessed me with, makes another Lent proposal.
That we hold each other accountable to doing our individual daily devotionals with the Lord.
Though our Lent sacrifices of fried foods and sweets is all well and good, and we intend to continue our dedication to it,
the greater part of this Lent season will be our dedication to God.
We're beginning a journey of devotion and habit-forming.
And I must say, I feel guided and blessed by God to do so.
(And I ask that our friends in Christ hold us accountable to it as well)

And then:

Day one: the February 14th entry of my devotional book "God Calling", there's a paragraph that stands out:


"You are making one spot of earth a Holy Place, and though you must work and spend yourself ceaselessly because that is for the present your appointed task, yet the greatest work either of you can do, and are doing, is done in this time apart with Me. Are you understanding that?"



The day we choose to spend a time apart from one another in devotional time with God is the day I read this.....

Wow!

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Love

Happy Lent season

May your love, devotion, habits, and life flourish this day, this lent, and this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment